TummyTime!™ Method for newborn to precrawling babies is a robust philosophy of movement medicine intended to encourage babies' optimal development. Created by pediatric OT Michelle Emanuel, TummyTime!™ Method can help address: feeding challenges, colic, torticollis (wry-neck), plagiocephaly/brachycephaly (head-flattening), cranial nerve dysfunction, tethered oral tissues (such as tongue or lip tie) and lots more. If it seems like your baby struggles with spending time on their tummy, let's talk!
• Begin with baby on their back.
• Talk or sing and engage with baby.
• Gently roll to side, then transition to tummy.
• Lay on floor with baby; make eye contact, sing, engage.
• Roll baby out when they are ready.
• Pick baby up and cuddle.